Editing services for businesses and marketing
Editing improves your writing. A skilled editor makes you and your message shine by removing redundant words, awkward sentences and eliminating complexity. Editing, sometimes called copyediting, goes further than proofreading (the process of looking for errors) and reviews the text for flow, style and consistency.
The editors at The Red Stairs can help you polish your writing so that your message comes through smooth, clear and error-free in either American or British English. Our editors are based in St. Louis, MO.I need an editor
Why does your text need editing?
The objective, fresh eyes of a professional editor can see things you miss in your writing. After all, you know what you meant to say.
Any writing that draws attention to itself with jargon, issues of logic or imperfectly crafted sentences will distract the reader from your meaning.
Whether you feel unsure of your writing, are a business-person who lacks the time to thoroughly review documents or are an accomplished writer who can use a fresh look at your work, we are here to help.
Editing is generally done when the document writing is finished but before, and sometimes during, the process of putting it into layout.
Editing includes checking:
- Spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Removal of redundant terms
- Suggesting alternative wording
- Flagging terminology and jargon
- Breaking up excessively long sentences
- Clarifying the ambiguous
- Improving awkward writing
- Style including applying your house style if you have one
- Consistency in spelling, numbers, capitalization and hyphenation
Editing Word docs, PDFs, Websites and more:
- Read on paper or on-screen
- Large and small jobs
- For text documents we use Word’s “Track Changes” function so you can see all changes and queries.
- For PDF documents we mark-up PDF proofs using comments and mark-up tools and proofreading symbols.
- Website proofreading includes checking text and links.
The Red Stairs editing services are ideal for a lot of business and marketing documents.
- Cover Letters
- Business Plans
- Policy Statements
- Newsletters and email marketing campaigns
- Prospectuses and catalogues
- Website and other digital content
- Direct response
- E-books, case studies and white papers
- Ad Copy
- Marketing Material