Proofreading services for business and marketing
Grammar mishaps, typos and inconsistencies in your writing damage your reputation and make you look careless.
The Red Stairs’ proofreading service is designed to find mistakes and omission in your finished business and marketing documents so your business document is flawless and save you embarrassment.
The Red Stairs proofreaders are based in St. Louis, MO and offer proofreading in both American and British English.
However, for texts in need of polishing or other improvements, we recommend our business editing services.Make my document flawless
What’s included in The Red Stairs’ proofreading service?
Proofreading is a finished document’s final check before publication.
When we are proofreading, we look at the basics, typos, grammar and spelling along with any errors that may have crept in at the last-minute or during the design process. Unless otherwise indicated, all documents are read twice, once by a professional proofreader and once by an editor to make sure there are no mistakes.
- Spelling mistakes
- Grammar and punctuation errors including plurals and tenses
- Word usage (alter/altar, their/there)
- Misplaced punctuation such as missing question marks.
- A number of mechanical details such as matching chapter or section headings with the table of contents.
- Typesetting problems such as bad line breaks and hyphenation.
What can you proofread?
The Red Stairs proofreaders are flexible and can work in a variety of formats and document types.
- Read on paper or on-screen
- Large or small documents
- For text documents we use Word’s “Track Changes” function so you can see all changes and queries.
- For PDF documents we mark-up PDF proofs using comments and mark-up tools along with proofreading symbols and proofreading marks.
- Website proofreading includes checking links
- Business Plans
- Policy Statements
- And other documents
- Newsletters and email marketing campaigns
- Prospectuses and catalogs
- Website and other digital content
- Direct response
- E-books, case studies, and white papers
- Ad Copy
- Marketing Material
- And other documents