What is The Red Stairs?
Some people think we have been drinking the ‘Kool-Aid’ but we think our passion for content strategy and helping our clients is a good thing.
As content strategists and professional communicators, we want to engineer the content conditions you need to grow your business with inbound and outbound marketing techniques.
- Our content marketing consultants, content strategists, content editors and copywriters help you find your company’s authentic voice so you can share your knowledge and passions with the people your business can serve well.
- It is our job to develop an online content strategy that weaves your marketing messages into the information your prospects are looking for today.Storytelling techniques, proven persuasive writing methods and the empathy to communicate as though we have walked a mile in your prospect’s shoes set our work apart.
- Storytelling techniques, proven persuasive writing methods and the empathy to communicate as though we have walked a mile in your prospect’s shoes set our work apart.
Who founded The Red Stairs?
The Red Stairs was founded by Janette and Mark Lonsdale.
Janette Lonsdale’s Bio
Janette Lonsdale, has been in the publishing industry for more than 20 years.
Janette’s strong media background includes:
- Developing and running a successful online hyper-local newspaper
- National magazine writing and editing
- Product development for a global leader in direct marketing
- B2B PR for food and hospitality industries
Janette’s creative and strategic publishing knowledge is invaluable for inbound and outbound marketing and she is a certified Social Media Marketing University Strategist.
She has worked in the Asia, the UK and is based in St. Louis, USA. She works in American English and British English and localizing content.
Mark Lonsdale’s Bio
Mark is a systems engineer, proven senior leader, and professional project manager who leverages 30 years experience in technology. The Red Stairs’ clients benefit from his business operations, sales management, technology and, data analysis expertise.
Career highlights include:
- IT and cloud workflow solutions for publishing, printing, and legal organizations.
- Operations leadership with expertise in performance and metrics management.
- Cellular and IT technology consultant serving clients in the U.S., Europe, and Asia.
- Program manager responsible for multi-million-dollar projects.
Our volunteer commitments include:
Marketing and PR Chairperson
St. Louis Pro Chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists
The Society of Professional Journalists is a national nonprofit organization that works to improve and protect journalism. The SPJ is dedicated to encouraging the free practice of journalism and stimulating high standards of ethical behavior.
A professional news media is critical to democracy and the health of our economy. I joined the STL SPJ board in 2012 to support the people who do this valuable work. Our industry is in transition, it is exciting and it is scary. I strongly believe we must educate the public about the work, ethics and limitations of our profession.
From growing attendance at our monthly public events (News at Noon at the Missouri History Museum) to conducting the chapter’s first survey of journalists, to developing an award-winning newsletter for our membership and media professionals, I am proud of the work I have been able to contribute to one of the oldest SPJ chapters in the country. — Janette Lonsdale
Small Business Week of Eastern Missouri
The St. Louis celebration of Small Business Week has been recognized as one of the most extensive in the nation. It comprises a week of networking and learning opportunities, an awards dinner, a business expo and more. It takes more than 50 volunteers and the Small Business Administration to make Small Business Week of Eastern Missouri happen.
I am excited and proud to join the Small Business Week team to celebrate and highlight the achievements of small businesses, the people behind them and their importance to our economy. — Janette Lonsdale